Once again Jo rounded up a marvelous selection of goodies, presented in this gorgeously soft needlecord Liberty bag:
What a collection of contents!
Our sponsors provided the following:
- Thread from Aurifil
- Biscuits from Nairns
- Frixion pen from Pilot
- Millward needles and Coats thread from Coats
- FQ from Dashwood
- Magazine from Love Patchwork & Quilting (Editor Jenny even came out to play at the event!)
- Embroidery thread from DMC
- Liberty lawn scrap pack from Very Berry Fabrics
- Embroidery scissors from Groves & Banks
- Tote bag and FQ from Liberty
- 2 Christmas Cori Dantini panels from Blend (it was worth it for this alone, I LOVE Cori Dantini's fabrics!)
- 5 FQ bundle from Robert Kaufman
- Perle cotton and beads from My Bearpaw
The poor lady that made mine was very nervous as she's a beginner, and found out just before the swap that I was teaching the tote class that afternoon, however I think she did a lovely job getting that block on the front, and she had a great idea for a crossover pocket on the back, ideal for a paper or a brolly or something:
I did feel, having seen the amazing creations that others had done, that perhaps I hadn't done quite enough on mine, as the only bit I did, other than the front, was to line it. Thankfully the lovely Claire who received it didn't seem to mind!
I believe Jo will shortly be doing a round up post of all the bags, so I shall be sure to point you to it when it appears, because there was some truly amazing work in there.
Unfortunately I didn't take a single photo in the class I was teaching as I was running laps round the tables, but trust me when I say everyone did a great job :o)
Now I have rather a lot of reading to catch up on, I may be some time...