Um, I have to admit I’ve kind of fallen off the wagon with the Finish Along for this quarter, and the end is fairly nigh! So let’s see what was there to start with:
- Finish my Stained Quilt for granny’s birthday – done!
- Get my rainbow road curves made into a laptop bag – err, huge fat fail so far
- Turn my FPPFTT block 2 into something – whew, done, it went into a bag for the sample swap at FQR
- Turn my FPPFTT block 3 into a messenger bag – that would be another fail so far
- Turn my FPPFTT block 5 into a cushion cover – done!
- Turn my FPPFTT block 6 into something – nope, still languishing on my desk in block form
- Finish that rainbow windmill cushion – ugh, no!
Now given that there’s 2 weeks left in this month, and I still have 1 bee block (for which I’ve not received the fabrics yet) and a bee strip to do, plus finish my 241 totes for their review, lets see what I can reasonably do…
- Laptop bag? Nope, that’s going to need new techniques, and I haven’t got time to play right now
- Messenger bag? I think using the tute I did for Julie with some adaptations, I can do this
- Putting a rocket in something? Nope. I know what I’d like to make with it, but I want to make it into a pattern, so that will have to wait.
- Rainbow windmill? Maybe? I don’t know, I’m so out of love with the whole process right now that maybe it would be best to let that sleeping dog lie a while longer!
So here’s what I’m definitely going to be working with for the messenger bag, think pretty, happy thoughts!
That's why I don't make lists with more than one thing on them. Because then I'd have to force myself to get up and go 🙂
That will be a great bag. My thoughts have turned to the FAL again too, I expect you will get more done that me, good luck.
GO GO GO!
(does that help?)
HaHa! I made my list short and conquered it this time. I highly recommend my method!
Oh My it's not half way check in time already is it? I can't even remember what was on my list. I'm thinking epic fail!
Oh that messenger bag is going to be awffy pretty 🙂
Chuckling at Bethany's comment! I'm really looking forward to seeing the messenger bag!
Loving block for the messenger bag. I really love blocks with thin white as a feature. Is this paper pieced too?
Get to it!
Do rainbows and candy count as pretty happy thoughts? =D
Oh crap….the finish along. I don't even remember what was on my list!
So at least you're ahead of me 😉
I'm trucking on my list, too. I love the messenger bag you've got planned. SOOOOO pretty.
Ah yes! The finish along list that somehow always gets buried in my blog and later forgotten. 🙂 Thanks for the reminder and good luck with your gorgeous string block.
I love that block as a bag!! You can't go wrong with Anna Maria fabrics!!
Yummy, yummy AMH. I LOVE Innocent Crush!
I know it' looming – I have one more on my list! But it's a biggy!
I think you have done well!
I am so behind with the FAL. You have given me a swift kick in the pants.thanks!
Come on girl, you can do anything. What you think you are going to finish and what you don't think you will finish.
see!! you've made great progress this quarter 🙂 can't wait to see that messenger bag, and i'll offer my services when you're ready with pattern testing if you need help 🙂