Oh, I’m sorry, were you hoping for the results of the Travellin’ Pic Stitch blog hop? Weeelllllll nah. The judges are still in a
hair pulling, bitch slapping battle discussion as to who gets what for the prizes, so you’ll have to exercise some patience, as we called in an outside referee ;o)
In the meantime, for November’s Brit Bee blocks Sarah decided to set us a bit of a challenge. She had spotted this quilt and decided she wanted us to make something like it, sending us a collection of shades of red solids (or what read as solids) and shot cottons. So here’s what I made:
There were a variety of techniques that we could have used to approach this, but I decided to go for the inset circle method, which I then slashed and inserted 1″ wide strips into (1/2″ finished), as I had bigger circle cutting power than the others seemed to
and it let me use my new toy. I used this technique that I used on the inset circle challenge over the summer. I also tried to use as many of the different colours as I could to get a good range, I hope these are okay for you Sarah!
Very creative blocks there Katy!
They look fab!
You sweetheart you! I love them 🙂 Really I do 🙂 Thank you x
this is cool!
just beautiful – had to go and look at your source and now have another on my 'have to make' list!! also wondering how to get me some oakshott cottons!
Wow! Love them. I think my oakshotts now have a project they'd love – thanks lady!
Oh! These are fantastic! I love the shot cotton with the modern block design. Your circles look perfect btw. 🙂 Lovely piecing.
Beautiful blocks, good luck in the battle.
You can teach me this technique at FQ Retreat
They look great. Should be an interesting quilt when all the blocks are gathered
Those blocks are gorgeous! Now I'm wanting to try my hand at inset circles.
These are amazing. It looks like you've become a pro at the insert circle.
Whoah, those are super cool! 🙂