Another week, another brain dump…
1. Why is it that the one day when you want to get away a little early to start your long weekend, is the day you get held back in the office til 3/4 hr after you planned to leave and then you get stuck in the mother of all traffic jams for over an hour just trying to go a few hundred yards?! It wasn’t even the holiday that caused the jam, there was just something going on further up the road past the junction I was trying to escape at, which blocked everything going anywhere! That Murphy has a lot to answer for…
2. Did you know it was possible to go into a fabric shop and talk yourself out of doing something? AND that it was possible to find it difficult to spend a gift voucher? It came as quite a shock to me, I can tell you…
3. The price of bribery is going up these days – it cost me 50p each to ransom a couple of fairy cakes from the bake sale at work for my long suffering onshore troops! It was all for charity though…
4. I’m all for a good long weekend, but TV specials can really wreck your regularly scheduled recordings – I nearly had to miss the first episode of The Great British Sewing Bee because Jonathan Creek’s special pushed out Murdoch Mysteries, and its next airing clashed with the Great British Sewing Bee AND Agatha Christie’s Marple. Good job Sky likes to air everything 101 times in a week ;o)
5. Speaking of Jonathan Creek, has anyone else noticed that Joanna Lumley looks like she’s wearing someone else’s hair these days? I noticed it when she was on an episode of Lewis a while back as well, I can’t decide if it’s actually a wig or someone is overprocessing her hair so badly it looks like a bad wig! Saying that, she delivers a good message…
Linking up to Cindy fab collection of random:
Oh no! Why did you have trouble spending your gift card? I hate it when I'm in a store and I *want* to spend money, but I can't find anything that I really like, and I feel like I look creepy just circling the merchandise forever and ever…
Love the sewing bee programme, makes me want to be a tailor!
Is the sewing bee program like our Project Runway? I enjoy thatt show.
Did you get anything in the end? And what did you talk yourself out of doing?! I have the same problem with telly recordings but with only one digital tuner and iplayer/whatever the ITV version is called for back-up. One tip: never, ever watch anything on demand 5 unless you really, really have to! Still, at least not having Sky means I have fewer channels to juggle ;o)
P.S. I'm fairly sure it's a wig…
P.P.S. Down here he's called 'Sod'!
Random fact? We have exactly the same number of followers 🙂 I loved the Sewing Bee – very inspiring and made me get all my sewing books out!
Sewing Bee was pretty good I think, and that is definitely a wig!
def a wig ,sewing bee was good !!
Unable to spend a gift voucher in a fabric shop and talking yourself out of a project!! Are you coming down with something??
There's either nothing good on tv or all the good stuff is on at the same time…bah!
Now I am curious…what is the Great British Sewing Bee? Is it a reality show with contestants or more of a this is how-it-is-to-be-done type of show? And….am I still a no-reply blogger? I tried messing with my settings.
Im having trouble believing you had trouble spending money in a fabric shop….How could that possibly be true?
Husband switched over to the sewing bee – but only because he saw the word "sewers" and thought it was about sewers and drains!!!
The UK has the BEST television shows! I have to catch programs on Netflix, Masterpiece Theater or where ever I can. The Great British Sewing Bee looks like so much fun.
I say wig but I've been wrong before. And I have a heck of a time spending gift cards, especially if I'm really close to the person who gave it to me. I feel pressure to spend it properly and not waste it. Yes, I'm crazy. I also walked out of the quilt shop without spending a penny yesterday. True story.
I reckon wig myself. She's going down the Joan Collins route or maybe she's totally bald underneath? As for not spending the voucher…OMG were you sick?!
ha ha ha ha ha ha
Yes she did remind me of Joan Collins as well.
Stuck in traffic is one of life's hazards, just put a calming piece of music on, and take a deep breath.
It's got to be a wig!! Or if not she needs a new hairdresser!
Def a wig, and awful veneers, looks like she's about to eat you!
I don't believe that can happen with a voucher to a fabric shop! It's never happened to me. Definitely a wig! And not a good one.
If I look that good at 67 I won't be complaining – wig or no wig!
And that was pretty random!
I know that shock myself! Whenever I have a fabric gift certificate, it seems I can never figure out what to get. But when I'm suppose to be staying on the straight-and-narrow and avoiding fabric purchases, there is always something I just can't live without. 😉