Another week, another round of randomness…
1. They do some odd things in Preston, I tell you. As I was coming out of the Sainsbury’s petrol station at Bamber Bridge I saw a sign for a Gently Used Baby Sale. I wonder how much a ‘gently used’ baby goes for? I mean would it be cheaper than a regular one as it’s been ‘gently used’ or would it be more expensive as presumably it will have been gently trained a little?
2. I swear Transport Scotland have finally lost their minds. I’m quite used to the motorway advisory messages, such as ‘Wear Your Seatbelt’, ‘Don’t Drink And Drive’, ‘Drive Carefully’ and, even though it makes me laugh every time I see it, ‘Observe Speed Limit’ but the one I saw on the way north last Sunday gave me a complete WTF moment, ‘Drive Efficiently’. I’m sorry, what?! I think I can hear the members of MLDA celebrating because they think it means they don’t need to change lanes ever again!
3. If you’ve ever wondered what people working in consulates do, it turns out that not only do they handle arrests, illness and death plus passport and visa issues, they also answer calls to silence crowing cockerels, translating for people’s tattoos and ordering husbands to get fit and eat healthily so that the requesters can have kids…
4. Observed in a traffic queue this week, was a van bearing the tagline ‘Edible Fats & Oils, Flour, Tomatoes, Cleaning Products & More’ as they were ‘Suppliers to the Catering Industry’. I really don’t want to ever be eating at that restaurant – blech!
5. I went to an interview the other day to become a volunteer for the Commonwealth Games next year. Rest assured those of you that thought the Olympic mascots were weird, we’ve passed over all the futuristic options to have… a giant stuff thistle. With a face. And a saltire sports kit. Fabulous…
Linking up to our hostess with the mostess:
I think the thistle is cute 🙂
Do you think that "gently used" is the same as "lightly soiled" when it comes to babies?! The giant thistle is very classy…
… Or "nearly new" perhaps.
I had a giggle at the "observe speed limit" signs when we were in Scotland last week. Glad it's not just me!
love that chicken (rooster)
That's some mascot!
I'm not going to burn any calories pondering the whys and wherefores of variable message signs … suffice to say that the company I worked for operated the traffic control centre in South Wales and therefore ran the signs … If I'd been in charge they'd all have been saying "Thank Crunchie It's Friday!"
I didn't work in a consulate, but at a call centre for the US Environmental Protection Agency answering enquiries about anything to do with toxic substances … oh yes, and snakes … the mind boggles how a woman saw a warning on a label of a paint can and thought "I bet they know how to get rid of this snake that's outside my back door!"
As for thistles … is that what a a Scotsman wears under his kilt?
Random-est collection yet !
I think mascots always look a little twee. Is that really supposed to be a thistle?
Lol! You have to win the random award of the week! I especially like the road sign and gently used babies 🙂
The Gently Used is the new Nearly New!
Bet that mascot makes you proud!!!! (It does me, for the opposite reason!) x
Love the gently used baby, and you have some very strange thistles in Scotland!
Hahaha, a thistle? Surely you have some local wildlife left there that could be a mascot? Does drive efficiently mean reduce use of petrol so reducing carbon emissions?
I always look forward to your RR posts! You never fail to entertain me!
Littlest Thistle becomes Giant Stuffed Thistle……breaking news!!
I always enjoy your randomness – love the traffic sign and the phrase 'gently used' is new to me!
Thanks for making me laugh 🙂
Loving the weekly dose of random. We have a sign up near here that says: For Fox Sake Slow Down – always makes me smile. As for that mascot it'll be in the next series of Dr Who as a baddie I'm sure!
Gently used baby…. bwhahaha! There's a late night talk show here where they read off failed newspaper headlines, and last night's was hilarious. They have a few archives online: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/photos/wedding-announcements-june-11-2012/11152/#item=248496
SOOOO funny. You never fail to make me laugh out loud!
I'm glad you told us that was a thistle – I would never have guessed that's what it was supposed to be. Looked a bit like something off Fraggle Rock