I’d like to promise no traffic this week, what with Hadley threatening to banish me to Sark, but it crept in…
1. From leaving home to returning home after my holibags, I drove 3024 miles / 4867 km
2. Susie Satnav decided that she wanted to see Paris on the way home. Did you know you can see the Eiffel Tower from the Peripherique? Neither did I til Saturday, and you know what? I could have lived without knowing it either…
3. No matter how prepared you think you are when you take a project away on holiday, you will inevitably leave one important bit at home…
4. Do you know how they let you know that a supermarket is closing in France? They turn the lights off. Even if you’re in the middle of the fruit aisle at the back of the shop…
5. If your order fabric in the middle of the night before you go on holiday, you will come home to a nice note from customs… (alas my charge was rather larger than pictured!)
Linking up with Cindy and the other Randomeers
I must be tired as it sounds a bit like you are complaining about being in France on vacation? That cannot be right, I am looking forward to seeing you in London.
That is far too many miles to be called a holiday!!
Sadly I knew about spotting the Eiffel Tower from there and I also know that if you keep going around the ring road you keep spotting it!! As your mother and father try and figure out how to get off at the right spot and keep saying "look kids there the eiffel tower ….. again" This happened most summers as we came home from Spain. I have never wanted to go to Paris as an adult, I wonder why!?!
From my perspective it'd be fabulous to see the eiffel tower from anywhere other than pictures.
And good grief – did you really cover that many miles? I didnt even know France was that big!
Do they seriously turn off the lights? How weird! Do they at least let you check out…in the dark?
Well that just sounds like bad planning, and not a holiday, not driving that many miles! :o)
Wow…we only did 2090 in three months! Though we live a bit further south than you!
You need a holiday xxx
Just had a catch up of all your posts I've missed. Writing the comment together so you only have one email.
Great projects you've been working on. Bet your mum loved the cushions. And the boot tidy looks like a good idea.
Sounds like you had a good holiday – I need to go read your travel blog too. But look at those fun finds you had at market.
Cherries. Yum. If I'd realised, I'd have made my friend bring back a couple of kilos for me when she went over last weekend. Bummer 🙂
I enjoyed your traffic based randoms
I always forget something on holidays, and the number of times I've dreamed that I got to the airport only to find I've left my passport at home means that I'm obsessive about checking that 315 times before I leave the house.
Love the subtlety of the French and their shutting off the lights.
Enjoy London this weekend
Another excellent post although I dread to think what randomness you'll come up with on Thurs 18th!
Blinking customs charges. 🙁
Love being left in the dark…talk about customer service. We're closed, find your own way out!
Thank you for your randomness this week. #1: That seems to be a lot of miles! #3: What did you leave home? #5: Blrg…