This is not so much another traffic edition, but it does have a few mad things I’ve seen on the road of late…
1. Random road traffic advice sign of the week ‘Use the appropriate sized child seat’. Now I’ve tried and tried, but frankly my bum is just too big…
2. Big shout out to the guy riding down the cycle path wearing a superman cape… (and yes, he was a grown up!)
3. Speaking of bikes, I played chauffeur for a bunch of my colleagues who were doing a charity bike ride from Oban to Glasgow a couple of weeks ago, driving up to Oban and crack of sparrow fart so they could get going on the 120 mile journey nice and early, as they had ferries to catch later in the day. Now I distinctly said, as we passed it on the way to where Oban Express had taken the bikes for us the day before, ‘Don’t go in there’:
|Lorn & Islands District Hospital|
Alas, one of them wasn’t listening, and less than 3 miles later had gone over the handlebars on his way down the first hill. Poor guy looks like he’s been several rounds with Mike Tyson, but they looked after him nicely overnight there! On the plus side, they raised over £5,000 for the company charity that gives equipment to disadvantaged children living within a 10 mile radius of any of our offices, and several items were given out to kids at the barbecue at the end of the ride.
4. On a whole other kind of bike, I saw an interesting outfit being worn by the pillion passenger on a motorbike (that I nearly got to see even more up close and personally than I would have wished after the driver did a rather stupid overtaking move on a twisty 50 mph limit road) She had on a mini skirt and knee high boots (and a jacket) which left me wondering exactly how comfortable that could have been, since the skirt had ridden right up, wouldn’t there have been a huge draught?! Oh well, if it works for the Vietnamese…
5. And finally, quote of the week from one of my colleagues. Upon arriving at work he declared, ‘Ugh, it’s too damned hot in this heatwave.’ Rather puzzled, I replied, ‘But you’re from India, it’s ridiculously hot there.’ ‘I know,’ he said, ‘Why do you think I moved?!’ You can’t really answer that!
Linking up to Cindy and the other Randomeers
I was just sighing with relief at no mention of nail varnish in fridges or 3 boxes of icing sugar when I remembered you do these posts in advance 😉
Nail varnish?! Icing sugar?! Tell tell tell!!
I'm just super impressed you found clip art of Superman on a bike!! *g*
You have such interesting weeks! Mine would all be the same… 😀
fun, fun, fun and so very entertaining, as usual. Thanks, you never disappoint.
Sorry the linky isn't up today because these are entertaining, as usual! Oh, wait, I think I just copied Svetlana's comment…sleep deprived from coming home from MN to CA yesterday. Long story. It would have made a really good "Really Random" post.
You have to give the pseudo superman chops for doing that in public. Maybe he was on his way to a comic convention?
Thursday really is one of my favorite days of the week, whenever my husband complains about 75 being too hot in WA, I remind him that he is from NM where it is over 100 for the entire summer. He reminds me that he left for a reason too 🙂
So random, yet so hilarious!
I'd love to have met (that) Superman!
But I'm married to the REAL one!
Please explain "crack of sparrow fart". You know I don't understand the English language very well ?