Another Thursday rolls around…
1. Total mortification is… being called out by a colleague from another department at work for wearing the same colour outfit as your two managers. Who knew that my 2 male managers would turn up in mauve tops and black trousers that day?! Seriously, not kidding…
2. Of course if I worked for Valve, a computer game developer, that wouldn’t be a problem, because there are no managers there. Everyone decides what they want to work on at any given time, and their desks are on wheels to allow them to move to work with different people depending on their project of choice. Hmm, no-one tell my bosses, we have enough process challenges as it is ;o)
3. What I learned from Toddlers & Tiaras this week – liking all the colours of the rainbow is tacky, you can only like one colour. I knew there was a reason I’d never be a beauty queen…
4. Having a bit of a ‘meh’ day? Did you know that the first time this was recorded in a dictionary was waaaaay back in 1928 in a Yiddish/English dictionary. And you thought you were being modern, cool and trendy using that word ;o)
5. Have you heard about the new Greek variation on take-out for dinner? People in Athens are cooking tasty meals such as moussaka for their family dinner, and selling portions to their non-culinary neighbours. Details of what’s on offer are uploaded to a website, and people stake their claim on whatever they fancy. Sounds rather more appetising than a ready meal at the end of a busy day in the office!
Linking up to my fellow Randomeers:
Great random! I wish my neighbours would offer that, they are Italian and their food smells amazing!!
Great random 🙂
Who knew that Toddlers and Tiaras could be so educational!
love the new takout idea. It would be perfect on this being such a "meh" day as I would not have to cook 🙂
apart from this last month when I've had a massive appetite (but I do have 30lb to re-gain) I've always enjoyed cooking far more than eating, so maybe I should move to Greece where I can happily sell my dinner and maybe get rich (unless I spend it all on baklava!)
Excellent randoms this week! I love the home cooked takeout idea. That's pretty funny there were 3 of you dressed the same at work.
Doffing my random cap x
I think your style is catching on- even the blokes are copying it.
That dinner idea is genius…I wish someone would do that here – I’d never cook again!
Keep wearing purple….
No managers at all? That's innovative!
Perhaps I could put all of our apples on a website in order to get rid of them:
Making apple sauce can betedious, but "we" Dutchlove it!
I needed your Twins Carry On photo back on Friday 24th April 1998 when we found out we were having twin boys:)
Love that idea for a website, I'd be on it if there was a version here, I rarely feel like cooking after a long day and 2 hours of commuting. Also I can't see how Valve's way of working is actually productive, there will be some things that people just avoid doing surely?
i sometimes feel i didn't read an email as two or three will turn up at work in red and black, or turquoise and brown or whatever. the cooking idea sounds great, rather than website it, i wonder if i can just persuade a friend to cook for us every night?
random queen that ou are…I like your last two on the list.