Eeek, Thursday again so soon! Oh well, it’s a good job I keep a stash of randoms ready for this day each week…
1. One of the UK wildlife parks has banned people from entering wearing fake animal prints as it baffles the animals. Offenders will be handed a grey boiler suit to wear over the top of the garment in question. Darnit, that means none of these little numbers can come out of my wardrobe for my zufari…
2. I think I’ve found the highest paying artisan job ever – Roger Smith makes 10 £100,000 watches every year by hand, making every single component from scratch. Whilst the money might be good, I’m not sure that would be a high enough price for what little sanity I have left..
3. Did you know that 30 years ago a man saved the world from complete meltdown after suspecting a computer was giving him false information? The Soviet missile detection system was telling him that there was an incoming missile strike from the US, however he had heard nothing from the non-computerised detection systems telling him anything was happening, so he quietly dismissed it as a false alarm and didn’t follow the escalation protocol that would have seen a retaliation strike. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we hire software testers these days! Although I don’t think I’ve ever met a developer that was ecstatic to see us ;o)
4. Great news for the millions of Brits Abroad invading Spain each year, they’re considering a time change to bring them in line with the UK and Portugal. Up until 1942 they had been in line with us, but General Franco decided that he would link up with Nazi Germany instead and moved them on to Central European Time. Now a report suggests that there’s a whole host of problems associated with the time zone and productivity, so MPs are weighing up their options. Yup, no more losing an hour at the bar, folks…
5. Should the extra beach time get you into that holiday frame of mind on a longer term basis, you could join a very mini migration to become a beach comber on Christmas Island, although there locals agree there is one slightly unfortunate downside with the lack of a dentist on the island. Maybe that’s where you could carve your niche then, beach combing dentist perhaps?
Linking up with my fellow Randomeers:
Impressed with the zoo thing, going dressed in animal print is tasteless!
I suspect animals wouldn't be a bit baffled by the animal print clothing on humans. It's just a few other tourists might be baffled 🙂 A good bit of random today!
I love animal prints, I'm wearing my leopard print dressing gown as I write this comment, not that I'd wear it to a zoo. I'd probably wear something floral to confuse the flowers instead. That watch photo stopped me in my tracks, there's some great paper pieced compasses inspiration in there.
Oooh my Dad's been to Christmas Island, it's the crabs I'd be worried about, not my knashers!!
Animals confused by the animal print? I somehow doubt it, but maybe the hunters would be.
Great randomness this week.
Loving it….as usual!! :o)
I think you could still wear that animal print bathing suit UNDER your regular clothes…
Christmas Island is not so much a holiday destination in all honesty …Aussies use it as an immigration detention centre !
at least Roger Smith *thinks* he makes 10 watches a year, but then his watches run notoriously slow so he doesn't really know how long a year is … On the other hand patrons find that if they're wearing a Roger Smith watch then the safari parks tend to waive their no-fur-print clothing rule … on the down side a dozen Roger Smith watch-wearing adventurers have been shot by hunters mistaking them for rhinos …
random but interesting
The animal prints make total sense 🙂
1. You could have photoshopped your head on all those outfits
2. You have sanity left?
I would go to dentist school to live there!
Yep Christmas Island has an immigration detention centre, so not number one on the list of places Aussies want to go for hols.
Leopard print underwear should still be ok, as long as you're not flashing it.
Great idea – send the dentist to the immigration centre! Slightly terrified of dentists in case you didn't know!