I did a little digging around in the archives, and it turns out that originally I thought that I would have the Whole Lotta Bag available in early May, I first tried to provide this list at the end of April, ye gods! Anyway, as requested, in preparation for the actual kick off and pattern release in January, here you go.
As a reminder, this is what we’re attempting to make:
It is 15″ wide x 11 1/2″ high x 5 1/2″ deep.
To create the bag as it is in the pattern you will need the following:
• 1 yd / 1 m outer fabric
• 1 ¼ yd / 1 m main lining fabric
• 1 ¼ yd / 1 m secondary lining/strap fabric
Interfacing And Interlining Requirements:
• 2 ½ yds / 2 m 22” wide woven interfacing (Vilene G700 or Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex)
• 2 yds / 2m 34” wide woven interfacing (Vilene G700 or Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex)
• 1 yd / 1m Vilene H640 thick fusible fleece, or Pellon TP971F Fusible Thermolam **
• 1 ½ yd / 1 ½ m fusible hemming web (e.g. Vilene Wundaweb or Heat’n’Bond Hem)
• 18” x 22” / 50 cm x 50 cm foam – ½” / 1cm thick (optional for camera bag padding inserts)
**please note that if you are trying to substitute for other types of interlining, these are approx ¼”/ 5mm thick
Hardware And Notion Requirements:
• 2 x 1 ½” rectangular rings (inner measurement)
• 1 x 1 ½” strap slide (inner measurement)
• 2 x twist locks
• 6 x bag feet
• 15” x 5 ½” grid bag bottom or template plastic **
• 1 x 9” zip to match lining
• 1 x 16” zip to match outer fabric
• 1 x 18” zip to match outer fabric
• ½ yd / ½ m 1” flat elastic
• 1 ½ yd / 1 ½ m piping cord – ¼”/ 5mm diameter
• 1 yd / 1 m hook and loop Velcro – ½” / 1 cm wide (optional for camera bag padding inserts)
• Thread to match outer fabric
• Thread to match lining fabric
** grid bag bottom is similar to plastic canvas used for cross stitch, and could be substituted
During the sew-along I’ll show a couple of other options, including metal snaps instead of twist locks, and a lining without the zip bridge, which is useful for nappy bags and the like.
For the hardware within the UK I recommend Handbag Hardware (although they are out of stock of a couple of items at the time of writing) They had by far the best deal I could find for all my metal hardware, grid bag bottom and the Vilene H640 fusible fleece.
On Etsy, I have had great service from BagPurseFrames for my metal hardware, but be aware they ship from China, so it can take a few weeks to get things!
Just a little hint though, you might want to hold off on buying that hardware until after next Tuesday…