I didn’t want you all feeling lonely as you typed up your FAL lists, so here’s my target for the quarter:
1. Panda Girl – poor wee Panda Girl has been sitting for 2 ½ years in this state, but I’m determined to finish her this quarter. I have a bear making student coming round for a couple of lessons, so I’m hoping to use her as an example of ‘In Progress’ and then make her ‘Progressed’
2. Bambear – I discovered Bambear when I was playing the grand flat reshuffle/redecoration over the holidays, and he looked at me rather accusingly from his bag. I made him when I went with my mum to a bear workshop that a friend of mine was running, which I gave mum for her Christmas or birthday a couple of years ago. He’s so very nearly done, all he actually needs is his ears sewn on, and his stuffing gaps closed. Yes, he’s that close! He’s in a plastic bag though so that his innards don’t leak everywhere *ahem*. Again, I’m hoping to use him as a teaching aid and then finish him.
3. Pile of fabric conversion – this is in the process of being converted into something, but I’m afraid it’s one of those secret squirrel projects, at least for the next wee while!
4. X and + – I have a definitely plan for these now, I just need to assemble them. There should be a tutorial to accompany the final item too!
5. Glimma logs – this quilt top has a definite purpose, which is to allow me to practice certain types of quilting. Unfortunately, due to a combination of persisting precipitation and the fact that I haven’t hung my new hanging rail yet, I can’t show you more than this folded mass. Trust me that it’s made from Glimma, okay? ;o)
I have a lot of other things going on this quarter, so I don’t want to overburden myself with my usual ultra-long lists, so I’m calling it quits at 5. I’m not eligible for prizes, but feel free to give a small cheer when I eventually manage to finish some of these, even if it’s a cheer of relief at not having to see them on a list again ;o)
Don’t forget you have until 17th January to link up!
I am trying to work my way through everyone’s links, if I haven’t stopped by yet, I’m on my way :o) Also, as I write this (slightly in advance), I’m having a bit of a giggle that there have been 666 page views for the FAL Q1 post, maybe it’s a sign ;o)
Finally, if anyone is interested in contributing a new, and previously unpublished tutorial to the Q1 Tutorial week in April, please let me know!
I have only submitted a small, but hopefully doable, list as well. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Oh LT, really? Bambear is in a plastic bag. I am reporting you to the "mean bearmaker" police right now!!! Go get that poor little guy out so he can breathe. LuLu ran and hid when I was reading your post to her. She has her head covered with her blankie. Now look what you did!!!
Oh, don't worry gang, his head has *always* been out of the bag, but otherwise he got a bit of a sagging, sinking feeling if he wasn't contained!
That is a good list!
I'll happily cheer for your list!
At least Bambear can breathe – poor Panda hasn't even got a face! Shame on you, young lady!
Those Bears have been very patient, I think they deserve their turn in the limelight now!
I'm glad you're letting bambear get some oxygen. But I totally get why you didn't want his guts spilling all over the place. Very doable list. So next month when you've finished you can help me finish mine. And that's not cheating it's called using my initiative 🙂
great projects, Katy. I must get to my list soon 🙂
Nice list! The bear nearly finished in the bag is so sad!
small goes = really big achievements when you make them. Bam bear is begging to get out of that bag & be hugged !
I know, I feel so guilty for neglecting him!
I want to see more of that glimma quilt asap!
Well I finally got the hanging pole up today, so maybe soon!
You are probably on an RSPCA list for your neglectful ways!
At first I thought Bambear was spelt with a 'u' , I really need to get glasses. It the body bits of Panda girl that worry me, her little bodyless head just sitting there…
Plastic bag , guts spilling out ..sounds like a crime scene rundown…
I'd like to know who's going to be poking you with a sharp stick? Pick me -Pick me !
Please finish the poor little bears…they both look very sad and need some love.
I beg your pardon!!!!! did you say a Plastic bag. Horrer of hoorers.Get that poor bear out quickly before he suffocates. With all the beautiful bags you make surely he could have a nice material bag. I might have to come over and give him mouth to mouth.
All the best with your list. I hope to link up in a few days : )
A great list Katy! Love your bears, so fun to see something other than quilts on a list!
Oh, you're being very restrained too. What has come over us?!!
Those bears look slightly sinister sitting there all unfinished, make sure you do them soon! I think I might write myself a list of one thing, then there's some small chance I might complete it 😉
I still think that's a very respectable list and hopefully very doable too.
Great list! That poor panda girl, TWO years!!!!
I'm getting mine together tonight, hopefully with not too many on there!
The disembowelment of bears is a worthy cause and something that needs to be rectified right away. Good luck on your list!
Now I don't feel to bad since you don't have a list a mile long. I like the bear sitting in the bag just begging to be finished. good luck.
I'm not as daft as I look ;o)
I hope those bears get out of their bags soon…and that the new hanging rail isn't at all related to them…
I love the "accusing" pout Bambear has – is he pouting at you to finish him or is he pouting at me saying "do your FAL post already!" 🙂
Can't wait to see the panda all finished!!!
I need to get my list together
I'm impressed, only 5. I'm hoping I can sort out my photos by the 17th so I can join in.
I'm particularly looking forward to seeing that pile of fabric turned into something
It always seems to be my luck I remember the FAL link-up the day after it closes. Pooh! I need to get organized though so I know what I have to get done this year!