Don’t forget to check out Tuesday’s giveaway from Imagine Gnats, some fab sewing patterns up for grabs!
Moving on to our random for the week:
1. While the 6 Nations kicked off for another year last weekend, our friends across the pond were kidding themselves on that they had their own well padded ‘world’ event ;o) There were some interesting 6 Nations twists (which is a nice way of saying I was laughing my arse off on Saturday night, because I’d been reading the play by plays on the BBC Sports site), but it would be fair to say that there was nothing like the pomp and circumstance surrounding the Superbowl. The Foo Fighters did not play in a carpark in the UK, France or Ireland the day before any of the games. Nor did Beyonce, Jay Z, Bruno Mars or the Red Hot Chili Peppers perform. Bob Dylan didn’t even appear in an ad break (mainly because it’s on the BBC, so, err, no ads) We also didn’t have any fun confetti. I vote we at least aim for the confetti next year…
2. Speaking of fun things in the Americas, Bolivia is hosting the month long Alasitas festival in La Paz. This festival of miniatures sees thousands of visitors flock to buy miniature replicas of things that they hope the gods will turn into a full size realisation of their dreams this year. Hmm, new house anyone?
3. Did the gods bring you an Aston Martin in the last 6 years? Well you might want to get it checked out, after 17,000 got recalled due to a potential fault with the accelerator pedal. Nothing serious then…
4. Maybe if an Aston Martin isn’t in your price range, a ‘Little Tikes’ car would be more up your street, although the lack of windows given the wind and rain here lately might make it a bit off putting:
5. Finally, while most of us are trying desperately to remember a day when it didn’t rain (beginning of December maybe?), the Scottish snow resorts are revelling in the fact that they’ve had twice as much snow as 2010 Winter Olympic venue, Whistler, in Canada, as well as having more than Aspen, Kitzbuhel, Klosters, Lillehammer and Courchevel. The fact that you can’t really see because the precipitation keeps falling is a minor inconvenience. So I’m expecting to be bowled over in the rush from the airports to our slopes…
Linking up with my fellow Randomeers:
You are too funny, thanks for the laughs! And I think all sewing retreats should have the fun confetti for each quilt that gets finished! 🙂
You are very entertaining. One wonders what other miniatures can be purchased in the hope of actualisation during the year!
Oh yes there should be more confetti in life! Fred is nearly six and still tries to squeeze into the little tikes car!
I think our American friends really know how to chuck a party …I didn’t even realise there was a game playing because all the news reports were about the peripheral stuff….
Thanks for keeping me up to date with random happenings around the globe!!
We are finally having a day WITH rain today!! Oh, and I found some fun random facts in a magazine. Can hardly wait to share them next week. 🙂
It is bad enough that the players have to peer through a fog of smoke after the fireworks at Murrayfield, I think.confetti might just push them over the edge! Then again it might improve Scotland's highly unlikely chances of winning this weekend 🙂
My son is working in the States this year, his first and on the day of the Superbowl he was travelling to Canada with Canadians who weren't in the slightest bit interested. Sods Law.
A random musing— many years ago I was at a wake at a farm in the country, no streetlights, big farm yard, cars parked everywhere and every way. I was reversing and my brother screams "mind the Aston Martin", yes, about 4 inches away from my rear bumper. I still have flashbacks.
There may not have been Foo Fighters, but I bet there were plenty of fights!!
And Katy, confetti is far to girly for rugby players! Can you imagine it getting stuck to all that mud, instantly decorated players!!!
Sadly the gods have not brought me an aston martin, where do I sign up for one of those…
Hahaha, especially love the snow facts!
I have had some great times skiing in the Cairngorms, And, randomly, got the worst sunburn ever whilst skiing there!!
I couldn't see the little car. It had been taken down for some reason. I hope you make the most of the snow, and go skiing.
Ah! So it's you lot hogging all that rain!! I can't remember the last time I saw rain…….it's been a long, hot summer, with more to come. Stay dry!
I think you need to stop hogging the rain over there, and you can never have enough confetti unless you have to clean it up later.
I should have obviously booked Scotland for my skiing trip- we're going to Lake Tahoe where there's not much snow ( and Virgin wouldn't let me cancel the flights).
Your Randoms are the best! Can you go skiing in the Scottish highlands? Count on the Americans to go all out on a football game. What a lineup! I'd be going just for the music.