It’s that crazy time of the week again where we take a tour through the random…
1. Are you dreaming of an escape to somewhere high and dry? Well my friend Elita has just contacted me to say she now has 2 spaces available at the April Patchwork In The Peaks in Morzine, France (where I taught last October). For more information, contact Elita!
2. Speaking of ski resorts, did you know that Sochi, which is hosting that wee 4-yearly sporting event right now, is the longest city in Europe, stretching for 90 miles along the coast of the Black Sea. Brings a whole new meaning to popping across town to visit a friend…
3. At an entirely different kind of sporting event, had you heard that Clint Eastwood is a lifesaver? The 83-year-old gave a choking man the Heimlich manoeuvre after he choked on a piece of cheese at a drinks reception. I always knew cheese and wine parties were hazardous to your health, but I’d suspected it might be boredom that would do you in…
4. At yet another, other sporting event, happening on my doorstep this summer, and where you will find me leading a team of volunteers at Tollcross Swimming Centre, they have announced that Glasgow will be getting free wifi spots across the city. Bring it on, boredom relief while hanging around waiting for public transport!
5. Speaking of cheap entertainment, have you heard that Prince is holding random concerts in people’s living rooms in London for around $10 admission? The mind boggles at how you would even apply to be a venue!
Linking up with my fellow Randomeers:
maybe Prince is playing in living rooms of houses owned by actual princes …
I got the drunkest I've ever been at a chemistry society cheese and wine do … or as I recall it was something akin to a 60 minute wine and wine sprint! … is that an Olympic event?
That is the coolest photo of Clint Eastwood!
lovely randomness, as usual. And I got all jealous about your public transportation (even if you have to wait), we have absolutely NO public transportation – yay Chicago suburbs, way to go! 🙁
Maybe Prince isnt doing so well money wise- he hasnt had a hit in about 25 years !
Omg!! Prince can do a concert in my lounge room anytime!! I really hope Clint used one of his lines as he was saving the cheese person, something like " are you feeling lucky punk…"
I don't know about making my day, it would make my life if Prince played in my living room, I was quite the devoted Prince fan in my day!!! :o)
I would pay Prince a lot more to STAY AWAY!!
I want to go to France! I also want to win the lottery so I can afford it!
The picture of Clint Eastwood might just give me nightmares. Why does he look so angry?!?
Prince is fantastically talented, maybe you can put your name in. Why don't you go to France?
You have to wonder how greedy was that man with the cheese! Good job Clint Eastwood was around 🙂
Laughing at Hadley!
I'm not really a Prince fan and I've only go a small living room, so he won't make much money here!!
Well done Clint!
Great randoms! 90 mile long, that would be 45 villages here !!!!
Agreeing with Hadley. What would YOU say if he showed up on your doorstep?
Hadley cracks me up! I reckon Adelaide would be about 90km from one end to the other. It keeps growing too. I love that Sochi is a summer retreat for rich Russians. They're having to make snow some days for the Olympic events.