Ahh, it’s that mad time of the week again, lets see what I’ve got…
1. So how closely do you bond with your household appliances? Well enough to have a date more than about once a month? (that may be just me) Well enough to name them? Apparently around 80% of Roomba owners feel so passionately about theirs that they name them things from Rosie to Roswell to Saraghina. Hmm, I think my vacuum cleaner (who I can’t even remember the brand of let alone name the thing) will remain unchristened…
2. From naming things, to getting names, or rather tags, wrong, during the ‘no makeup selfie’ craze last week, a large number of people accidentally sent donations to Unicef, and some nearly adopted a polar bear from WWF rather than donate to Cancer Research UK. The charities are now trying to disentangle the mess, but next time you want to donate, send your pledge with the right tag, and save them time and money trying to sort things out!
This is correct:
And this is what happens when you get it wrong:
3. Now speaking of mad online acts, what do you use your blog for? Bit of sewing? Bit of creativity in other areas? Bit of cooking? Announcing to the world that you are consciously uncoupling? No? Not that last bit? Still trying to work out what that last bit means? Well that’s how Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow announced on their blog that they were separating. Well okay then!
4. In case Chris Martin’s feeling isolated after the split, there’s a few places he can hang out now, thanks to a newly compiled list of the most isolated bus stops in the UK. How about this one with Shaun The Sheep in the middle of the North Yorkshire Moors for example?
Or perhaps this one at Islay Airport (looking a bit crowded though!):
And to prove that they don’t all involve sheep, a rather utopian idyl in Cumbria:
5. And finally, incase you’re reading this between rounds of Angry Birds or maybe Squeaky Dolphins, you’d better be careful, apparently the US and UK are spying on you. I’m not entirely sure what they’d get about me from my Angry Birds data right enough, other than that I’m a terrible shot, and am thoroughly stuck not particularly far through any of the games… Possibly they won’t be suspecting me of launching an attack with a seagull or pigeon any time soon then (as they’re the only birds I can think of that are readily at my disposal)
Linking up with my fellow Randomeers:
I think Thursday is your favourite day of the week. No sheep in the bus stops around here. Somehow feel we are missing out.
now I really, really want to go and live for a while in that beautiful Cumbria picture. I could sew and still get fabric from online shops, right?
Putting my hand up and confessing that my robo –vac has a name…perhaps that makes me a weirdo…
I think Gwyneth Paltrow is slightly unusual. Why couldnt she just say she was getting divorced like normal people?
Is there really a game called Squeaky dolphins? Im off to check that out…Im useless at Angry Birds…
Don't get me started on that pretentious Paltrow woman!!!
Haha! Reminded me of the sheep that used to invade the WRAF block, never mind the bus stops on Anglesey! I think Susan is right though!
Does the bus every come by at those stops?
I think it is only by chance that there are no sheep in the shot of the Cumbrian cottage and as for the people who accidentally donated to the wrong charities, I would say 'tough – leave things as they are and mark it down as a lesson learnt'
Shaun the Sheep! ahaha We love that. And some Wallace and Grommit on occasion, too. Crackin' toast, Grommit. Consciously uncoupling.. rme. 😉 You are possibly the most entertaining Randomeer of all. 😀
That was the funniest random Thursday I have read tonight! As a random side note, I was thinking about the Roomba device today. While vacuuming out the car at a car wash I was reminded there are some homes that have amazing central vacuum, with nozzles located in the wall, not unlike electric outlets, and even slots in the baseboards that just suck the dirt up after you've swept to that area. I really think someone ought to combine the roomba and have it dock at one of these baseboard vacuum slots. That way we wouldn't even have to sweep the floor, or empty the roomba!
Thanks for giving me a laugh tonight.
Haha – I laughed all the way through this post! I'm thinking that the iRobot Roomba's must actually be pretty good!!
Hmm, mine is called Robo Boy! I just wish he could make a good G and T too.
Another brilliant random Thursday post
Thsnks for all the diligent research you have conducted on our behalf ! I do sometimes see a bus stop and wonder how it possibly serves anyone!
Ha! Very entertaining as usual. We have plenty of sheep here, though I've never actually seen one at a bus stop!
We have a bus stop with no bus. How random is that?
I didn't get the Angry Birds thing either, I thought they just chose that as an example because it's an app even technophobes have heard about which will scare them into never getting a smartphone… Surely Instagram is a much more useful tool?
Of course my robot vaccum has a name, he's a very valued member of our household!!
After a bottle of wine one night I signed up for twitter and accidentally followed olly muirs . Didn't even know who he was and don't ask me for my twitter log in or password!
Cumbria here I come x
My grandparents were from Islay so we visited there as children, that bus stop looks very familiar 🙂
If they are spying on the person playing angry birds in this house they will learn all about the activities of an over active 4 year old girl. Happy Spying 🙂 LOL
My sister just bought one of those robotic hoovers (£150 Aldi), she's been demonstrating it to everyone, so one bit of her kitchen is really clean. She hasn't named it – yet!
That bus stop is relatively near me – I'll have to go and say hello to Shaun! My mam told me that Paltrow and Martin were splitting up (she was on the computer at the time) and I said 'Do you know who that is?', to which she replied 'Yes, she's that really annoying woman who eats fresh air and constantly goes on about it'. I think she's got her pegged ;o)
Thanks for your fabulous randomness this week. You never fail to entertain…Thanks for linking up!