Okay peeps, before we kick off the randomness, there are still 2 unclaimed Q1 FAL prizes, you have until tomorrow to get in touch with me or I redraw!
And moving on to the usual madness…
1. So have you heard the pitter patter of tiny feet lately? No? Well think about the poor family in Sweden who found their pitter patter was caused by this (yep, that is a giant rat, just in case you were wondering):
2. Shifting a little across the species, did you know that flamingos can only eat when their heads are upside down? It gives me a lump in my throat just thinking about it!
3. And from one bird to another, did you know that the governor of Wisconsin just had to set into law that rubber duck racing was legal? Previously it fell under lottery laws, meaning that the village of Mishicot’s annual rubber duck race was illegal. Personally, I want this one at the next local race:
4. From one toy to another, workers in Scotland’s sewer systems have cleared over 40,000 blockages in the last year, with the causes ranging from cooking oil, nappies, a bike, a fax machine and a giant Pooh…
5. Bringing us back full circle to Sweden, have you ever forgot you owned something? I mean sure, the odd item of clothing that gets buried at the back of the wardrobe, but have you ever forgotten anything really big? You know, like a luxury yacht? Huh, yeah, me neither, but apparently a wealthy Swedish man forgot his in a harbour for 2 years! That’s some oversight…
Linking up with my fellow Randomeers:
oh my gosh. Where DO you find this stuff? Best random – makes me laugh every time! 😉 THANKS! (and EWWW about that rat!)
HAHA Giant Pooh! LOL
Ughhh, still shuddering at number 1.
My middle son is the king of randomness. I think he would love your posts. He collects rubber ducks but I think the one may be too little to put on the dash in his car. 😉
Yuck!!! That rat is huge! Oh my gosh you just reminded me… My yacht!
This week's random has been a roller coaster of ewww! Big Duck! and No way!! In Australia this week we had a politician forget that he received a $3,000 bottle of wine. Must have been good wine.
Oh my gosh! If I had a rat like that in my house I think I would die! We had some little lemmings in our garage and I was freaking out about that!
That is a big rat. Possums are terriable running around in the roof as well.
You said POOH!:)
That rat….egads, it could chew your arm off. I think I'd faint if I came out in the morning and found that in a trap. Mind you, sometimes the cockroaches here in Queensland are verging on that size…
HAHA! I'm from Wisconsin and I know of a few more illegal duck races that used to go on!! If I had a rat that size I would be moving-when there's one there's a hundred more you don't see!! Great random this week!
It's the size of a cat! Oh my word!!
Oh my! That rat is so huge I keep getting goose bumps when I look at it!!
I couldn't believe my eyes when I say the little photo of a RAT in bloglovin. At first I thought you had caught it. Glad to see it wasn't yours. YUCK!!!!!!!! I forget lots of things but I sure wouldn't forget my yacht if I had one. Some people have more than they know what to do with LOLL
Growing up on a houseboat our cat used to bring home big water rats as presents – eww! Never one quite as large as that Swedish rat though that's a monster!!
Good one! 🙂
I'm eating my breakfast looking at pictures of giant rats and sewers!!!!!
I know something about strange stuff in the sewers "thanks" to my job! Love that rubber duck, I want one too!
I saw that article about the bloke with the boat. Very strange!!
oh my gosh, you know you have too much money when you forget you own a boat! Terrible. And seriously scary rat!
Is that really a rat – it looks the size of a mini pony! Yuk!
How could anyone possibly forget they owned a yacht?
Wonderfully random this week …..
I heard an interview on the radio a couple days ago with an exterminator in London – who said that there are rats the size of cats there, and the usual poisons don't work on them any more. Be afraid…be very afraid!
Yuck to the rat! And the boat man clearly has too many toys!
Great randoms this week. I liked the way you linked them all together.