Well it’s that time of the week where I scour the interwebs for interesting facts that you positively couldn’t get through your week without. No really, you couldn’t… ;o)
1. Starting off with the cuteness factor, have you see the baby Java mouse-deer that was born in Spain this week? He is one of 43 in European wildlife parks and zoos, but his natural habitat is being threatened by massive deforestation, and they are an endangered species. He’s no bigger than a hamster, and weighs a whole 100g. 1, 2, 3, awwwwwwww…
2. Speaking of endangered things, I know that you all have a ton of spare cash lying around, you know, hidden under the mattress for a
fabric sale rainy day, but if you’re in the UK you’re going to want to check if you have any of the outgoing Bank of England £50 notes lying around, as they officially went out of circulation yesterday! If you find any, you’ll need to make a personal trip to the Bank of England in London to exchange them now… (don’t we have cheery characters on our bank notes ;o) )
3. Now if you do find a ton of those £50s, maybe you could buy the Gherkin, which has gone into receivership. I don’t think you can take it away though, and I’m not entirely sure what one would do with such an, err, phallic landmark:
4. Now has your US company gone bust, or made you redundant recently? Well maybe you can try and get your kid in to see the First Lady and pass on your CV to her. Looks like they’d get a hug out of it too… Turns out that if you make jokes in front of your kids, they listen, and then your CV ends up in the White House!
5. And if you thought that last one was a little quackers, have you heard about the Ocean Quack? You’ll be thrilled to know that scientists have finally pinpointed the cause of the bio-duck sound that has been picked up by vessels for more than 50 years – turns out it’s made by Antarctic minke whales. Well I’m so glad we solved that one finally…
Linking up with my fellow Randomeers:
I wouldn't mind adopting a little deer rat or two. They could live in my pot plants.
That was refreshing…Always makes me smile…:)
Totally random this week. Im still going awwwww over the little beasties.
Whaaaaat?! The mouse deer thingy doesn't look real! O_o
Queen of the random, you covered it all this week!
Jumping from topic yo topic as usual! There was a ting on the radio about £50 notes, and why do we hate them. The €100 and $100 are worth more and the Europeans and Americans accept them and spend them, whereas we try to refuse them, and ask for smaller notes. Is it because they have such a gloomy face on them?
Lovely randoms. I dunno why they don't do away with £50's as if anyone does have one and tries to spend it they get treated like the are the master forger. It's ok if you do have any old ones high street banks will change outdated currency for new – well the paper kind.
Thank goodness the whale mystery was solved, I have spent so many nights lying awake worrying about that one 🙂
That mouse deer is absolutely a-freaking-dorable!
Nothing stomach turning this week, yay, and a big aaaaaw one. Bonus!
Lots of incidental information.
Just finished catching up ! How I have missed all your randomness – I have no clue where you find all these tidbits. 🙂
Looks like you've been very busy, lady. Love the new header (though it might be incredibly old to you now, it's new to me!)
A mouse deer is a 'kancil
Ok so that worked. Finally. Kancil is pronounced "can chill" – a very relaxed animal 😉
That gherkin looks like a bullet!? Weird building idea. I've never heard of the mouse deer. I reckon quite a few would've been stepped on over the years.