Earlier this week one of the greatest comic actors of my time lost his long running battle with depression, so in his honour for this week’s Random Thursday I’ve rounded up a collection of quotes from my very favourite Robin Williams films:
1. “Goooooooood morning Vietnam! It’s 0600 hours. What does the “O” stand for? O my God, it’s early!” – Good Morning Vietnam
2. “Never fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose!” – Mrs Doubtfire.
3. “You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! You do Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna, Madonna!… but you keep it all inside.” – The Birdcage
4. “Sorry, guys; I gotta see about a girl.” – Good Will Hunting
5. “Carpe diem – seize the day!” – Dead Poet’s Society
RIP Robin Williams.
RIP Robin. Such a sad loss.
If you haven't seen The World According to Garp, you should, it is one of his best.
I haven't, thanks for the tip!
Such a sad loss and a reminder that he was so much more than what we saw in film. He fought a long battle with depression (and earlier substance and alcohol abuse ) and in the end it all became too much . The workd really is a slightly sadder place for everyone because of his passing.
I was so saddened by his loss. Just the day before I was watching the birdcage bc I needed a pick me up. Number 3 is definitely my favorite.
I'm just gutted. He gave so much, but perhaps couldn't receive as well as he gave…..Rest in peace Robin. You were one of the greats. The Bitchy Stitcher had a lovely tribute too, by the way. (you may remove my comment if you don't like sending on to other blogs…..) Heart and love, Lizzie
No Genie? Let me help,
"Oh, Al. I'm getting kinda fond of you, kid. Not that I wanna pick out curtains or anything."
And Garp is definitely worth a watch.
Ooh, and the "run by fruiting! " line in Mrs D is priceless. So sad.
I have cried over Robin Williams several times in the past few days. Such a loss. Thanks for this post. 🙂
I love each of the quotes you added here. He really was such and incredible actor and comedian. He also was a man with battles and foibles. RIP Mr. Williams
Such a brilliant man:( And yes, The world according to Garp is one of my favourites too!!!
We all felt very sad at the news. He was a wonderful actor.
Lovely reminders of a brilliant actor x
sad doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this tragic loss
All good choices.