I know some of you can’t wait to get the numbers behind the finishes, so just for you, here’s a bumper list of stats from the entire 2014 year of finishes:
- We had 685 people in total linking up start lists
- We had 450 people in total linking up finishes
- We had a total of 1,568 finishes – holy crap people, that’s a lot of WIPs put out of their misery!
- That’s an average of 3.5 finishes per person
- There were 42 winners throughout the year
- Quarter 1 saw the most participation with 223 start lists, decreasing gradually over the year to 125 in Q4. Turns out that whole New Year kick really makes people sign up for stuff. Significantly Quarter 1 also saw the greatest number of people failing to finish anything compared to the number who linked up start lists. Take from that what you will ;o)
- Quarter 4 saw the highest proportion of start to finish lists at 72%, compared to 60% in Q1
- As the year wore on, more people learned how to get their heads round the time zones. 2 people still missed the end of Q4 though…
- In Q4 we saw a significant uptake of IG users linking up – please remember to link back to your lists when you do this though, especially if your social media names do not match, Miss Marple I am not, and I’m not sure Adrianne is that way inclined either!
- At the end of Q4 we didn’t have a single link failure, WTG people, you finally cracked it!
And now my work here is done, go forth and
torture entertain Adrianne ;o)
Thank you for hosting! Your stats are great! 🙂
Looks like FAL kicked WIPs butt! Thanks for all the stats and everything else. Now go forth and relax!
Well done for sorting so many people! X
Way to go everyone, and thank you again for keeping everyone on track!
For some reason I take pleasure in reading your stat reports! Oh dear what have you done?
Thank Katy you have made a huge difference to my UFO pile!
It's always interesting to hear the stats. It's great so many WIPs were done and dusted.
You must feel like you are on some kind of vacation, after all the work you've done with this FAL! This was my first year, and it was super fun…thanks so much for all your efforts!!!
haha. What fun – I for one love the numbers AND the finishes. Thanks again for a very good year!!
you did a stellar job m'deary!
Yay for your excellent year of finish-along shepherding! 😀
Haha – I always love seeing the stats. Thanks for taking the time to do it!
Stats really bring it all around, thanks for doing the math. You've been a wonderful hostess.
way to go Katy – loved having you as the hostess for last year's QAL !
Here's to even more finishes in 2015!
You did a sterling job with the FAL, time for a rest and some finishes of your own I think 🙂
Thanks for hosting! What a fun recap .. I'm one of those that started strong then promptly fell off the
Thank you for posting stats.. These are incredible. You did a fab job. Thank you so much.
I think you missed your calling as a statistician.
that was so fun to read. Amazing that everyone had mastered it by the end!
Since I only have one carry over from last year I want to thank you for kicking my butt in gear!:)
Well done Katy, what a relief, eh?
Ah, that's better: it never feels like the end of the quarter until I've read the stats post! I can't quite believe that over 1500 projects have been finished and linked in 2014 – I think that says a lot for your skills as a hostess! Thank you!
Thanks for the roundup of the stats, I'm a stats nerd so knowing more people finish their commitments during different times of the year is really fascinating to me! I can't believe how many WIP's we completed last year. Nice work everyone!
Thanks for doing such a great job of hosting Katy. I can't believe that I still haven't blogged my finishes from Q3 yet. I didn't even get a single finish in Q4 🙁 it's not going to stop me from trying to finishalong Adrianne though ;0)
Enjoy your rest and good luck with getting a few of finishes of your own x
Well done Katy for all your hard work throughout the year . Much appreciated x
Wow. That's an impressive number of finishes.
You did a great job hosting it last year, but I bet you're glad it's over