Whew, I’m still tallying up Q1, but it’s time for you all to link up your Q2 lists. Everyone did so well in Q1, I’m sure you’re going to rock Q2 too!
Once more we have an amazing selection of prizes available from our wonderful sponsors from around the world, and don’t forget, every finish that you complete you get another entry into the prize draw!
I’ll be continuing to highlight a different sponsor each week, please stop by to visit them and thank them for their support :o)
Now, there’s a few wee rules that you have to stick to in order to be eligible for a prize, otherwise known as the small print, are you ready?
- At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end.
- In order for your projects to be eligible, they must at least be a tangible project at the start of the quarter, eg at the very least, a pile of fabric pulled along with a pattern, or a quilt top needing to be quilted, or a half knit jumper. I love seeing your bee blocks, but they won’t count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt!
- As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post all about it, or a description of a Flickr pic.
- At the end of the quarter, link up each individual finish post/Flickr pic to the finish party (for your final finish, it would be handy if you could link back to your original list in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the draw (therefore it’s in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!)
- A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that’s fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. I’m happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering please :o)
- You won’t be punished if you don’t finish your entire list, and feel free to roll projects over from one quarter to the next (I certainly have!)
- All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
- The finish link party will be open for a week, and then the next quarter will open on the following day.
- During the week that the finish link party is open, there will be a series of tutorials appearing here on the blog. If you’d like to contribute a tutorial, please drop me an e-mail by clicking on that wee envelope icon at the top of the screen.
- The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
If you wish, you can also post pictures in our Flickr group as you go along.
Timetable for Q2:
7th April – Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th April – Proposed finish list linky party ends
30th June – Finishes linky party opens
1st – 5th July – Q2 tutorial week
6th July – Finishes linky party ends
If anyone’s interested in contributing a tutorial for Q2 tutorial week, please leave me a comment, or contact me using the e-mail icon above or the contact form below.
The linky party will remain open until Monday 14th April at midnight BST – the clock at the bottom of the blog shows the current time BST. Ready, teddy, go!